The standard was created after more than 400 existing certifications were discovered in Europe alone for this type of skill set.
The GWO Slinger Signaller (AKA Rigger/Signal Person) Training Standard has been published in draft. Training providers can review the draft on our web site now.
Certification can also be sought using the draft version of the standard. Version 1 will be launched on 1st October 2019.
The Slinger Signaller working group completed this final ahead of schedule, to allow training providers an early view of the learning objectives contained in the standard.
Requiring 16 hours' instruction, it represents an industry approved curriculum to train technicians up to a minimum standard so that having completed the course, a GWO Slinger Signaller will have the knowledge, skills and attitude to be able to:
1) Attach and detach the load to and from the crane lifting attachment
2) Initiating and directing the safe movement of the crane, including multiple slinger signalers during limited or blind lifts
3) Adhering to their role and responsibilities during the lift
4) Conducting visual pre and post inspection on lifting accessories and load
5) Handling of lifting accessories
6) Ensuring safe lift-off and lay down of the load
7) Slinging various types of load, based on weight, centre of gravity, shape and size
8) Carrying out generic routine lifts in accordance with the lift plan
9) Complying with instruction/procedures set up by the employer to manage lifting
10) Ensuring that equipment is properly used, maintained and defects reported
Wind industry training providers from across the world will be putting their best foot forward as the GWO Safety & Training Awards 2024 get under way today.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR TRAINING PROVIDERS. The credit fee for WINDA will be updated at 12:00 PM CET 1st April 24 (Copenhagen, CET). All purchases on or after that point will be at the revised levels. Credits purchased before may be redeemed according to GWO’s normal terms and conditions.
The core purpose of the IQ Standard is to introduce a structured, pedagogical guideline for instructors leading GWO training
New member Skyborn will bring its international expertise to GWO, as they work together to strive for an injury free work environment in the offshore wind industry.