The Global Wind Organisation Basic Safety Training Standard consists of five modules.
The objectives of the BST Working at Heights Module are to ensure that:
Please note - a combined Working at Height/Manual Handling module was created following the update to BST version 13.
The participant will have the knowledge, skills and attitude to be able to:
1) Attaching and detaching the load to and from the crane lifting attachment
2) Initiating and directing the safe movement of the crane, including multiple slinger signallers during limited or blind lifts
3) Adhering to their role and responsibilities during the lift
4) Conducting visual pre and post inspection on lifting accessories and load
5) Handling of lifting accessories
6) Ensuring safe lift-off and lay down of the load
7) Slinging/rigging various types of load, based on weight, centre of gravity, shape and size
8) Carrying out generic routine lifts in accordance with the lift plan
9) Complying with instruction/procedures set up by the employer to manage lifting
10) Ensuring that equipment is properly used, maintained and defects reported
For more information about the standard, see our webinar, below: