The aim of the GWO Blade Repair Module is to enable the participants to support and care for themselves and other working in the wind industry by possessing the necessary knowledge, skills, and ability for blade repair.
Click here to download the PDF file of the Blade Repair V3.
Upon successful completion of the blade repair training course, the participants will be able to perform and document a wind turbine blade inspection, and execute repair work in accordance with a work instruction while maintaining the aerodynamic profile and structural integrity in glass fibre reinforced composite parts of a wind turbine within the following dimensions:
- laminate repairs including leading edge and trailing edge repairs affecting a maximum amount of 5 layers and a maximum repair area size of 500cm²
- core material replacement up to 200cm²
- surface repair to paint and gelcoat
The GWO blade repair training course is intended as an entry level course and the participants will not therefore be expected to perform repairs in major structural elements of blades like spars, spar caps and carbon fibre.
After having successfully completed the GWO blade repair training, the participants will be able to:
- Take responsibility for working safely with applicable chemicals, while utilising the applicable personal protective equipment in a controlled manner throughout all phases of blade inspection and repair work (Ability, intermediate level)
- Explain typical types of blade construction, materials and the importance of surface finish relating to aerodynamic performance and efficiency (Knowledge, intermediate level)
- Distinguish between and work safely in a controlled manner with epoxy, polyester, polyurethane, vinyl ester, methacrylate, reinforcement materials and solvents related to composite inspection and repair work (Skills, intermediate level)
- Take responsibility for preparing, operating, and maintaining the correct tools and equipment, be it electrical or mechanical(Ability intermediate level)
- Take responsibility for safely performing and documenting laminate, sandwich panel and surface layer repairs in accordance with a work instruction in glass fibre reinforced composite parts (Ability, intermediate level)