The standard was created after more than 400 existing certifications were discovered in Europe alone for this type of skill set.
The GWO Slinger Signaller (AKA Rigger/Signal Person) Training Standard has been published today.
Requiring 16 hours' instruction, GWO Slinger Signaller represents an industry approved curriculum to train technicians up to a minimum standard. Upon completing the course, a GWO Slinger Signaller will have the knowledge, skills and attitude to be able to:
1) Attach and detach the load to and from the crane lifting attachment
2) Initiating and directing the safe movement of the crane, including multiple slinger signalers during limited or blind lifts
3) Adhering to their role and responsibilities during the lift
4) Conducting visual pre and post inspection on lifting accessories and load
5) Handling of lifting accessories
6) Ensuring safe lift-off and lay down of the load
7) Slinging various types of load, based on weight, centre of gravity, shape and size
8) Carrying out generic routine lifts in accordance with the lift plan
9) Complying with instruction/procedures set up by the employer to manage lifting
10) Ensuring that equipment is properly used, maintained and defects reported
We will be shutting down WINDA for a complete reboot on Friday December 13 at 14:00. WINDA will be in read only mode through Sunday but may have stability issues due to the migration and may provide unexpected error notifications.
GWO has migrated WINDA from a Django/Python solution hosted on Amazon Web Services to a solution based on Microsoft Azure.
GWO members say the value created by WINDA for safety and workforce productivity far outweigh the costs of the system
The GWO Criteria for Training Providers and Certification Bodies provide the framework and governance system around which more than 350 training providers can operate.
Global Wind Organisation (GWO) and the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) have signed a partnership agreement to highlight the importance of safety, training and job creation to power wind energy development and the global energy transition.